My People Clinical Services (MPCS) is a mission driven, community based social service organization established in the city of Hartford, CT in 2005 to Support, Empower, and Rebuild the lives of individuals and families we serve. As a collective group of culturally competent and diverse professionals consisting of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, Fatherhood Engagement Support Staff, Parent Educators, Therapeutic Support Specialists, and Professional Human Service Practitioners we aim to advocate, empower, and strengthen the lives of all individuals and families we serve keeping in mind our mission “To enable My People to help Your People so that Our People will succeed”.
Recognizing the urgency of social and mental health needs of youth and families, our staff is recruited and trained to provide immediate therapeutic and crisis intervention support services. Our treatment services are non-traditional, creative and holistic which highlights several of the strengths of our staff that are dedicated to the wellness of our community. My People Clinical Services staff are trained to advocate and empower youth to transition to independence, support and guide parents receiving supervised visits, provide therapeutic supports and interventions to support mental health and overall well being, engage, guide and help fathers so they are included, not excluded from the process, teach and train prospective foster parents and integrate into the school system to incorporate preventative strategies that allow students to learn without disruption. To learn more about the services My People Clinical Services offers, click here.
Abdul-Rahmaan I. Muhammad, LMSW Executive Director
Dayeshell P. Muhammad, MA Director of Operations
Eugene Millan, LCSW Supportive Housing Director
Sahirah K. Muhammad Human Resources Director
My People Clinical Services Agency Snapshot
Founded March 5, 2005 in Hartford, Connecticut by Abdul-Rahmaan I. Muhammad, MSW
The My People Clinical Services mission is: "To enable My People to help Your People so that Our People will succeed."
My People Clinical Services (MPCS) has eighty (83) staff, fifty-five (55) of which are full time.
MPCS provides services to:
Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DHMAS)
Department of Children and Families-(DCF)
Court Support Services Division- (CSSD)
Dr. Joseph Belizzi Middle School
Windam Middle School
West Middle School
Simsbury High School
Blue Hills Civic Association
Carl Robinson Correctional
Manson Correctional Institution
The Greater Hartford community
1. Supportive Housing a. Journey for Life (DCF)-Keon Berry b. Morality House (DCF)-Sharelle Gay c. Next Step (DCF)-Vacant d. Standard House (DHMAS)-Doug Mosby e. Composite (DHMAS)-Nosha Smart f. Bridge Way (DHMAS)-Sharelle Gay
2. Supervised Visits
3. Fatherhood Engagement Services/Father to Father
4. Therapeutic Services a. Individual Therapy b. Family Therapy c. Parent Mentoring
5. School Based Services a. In School Clinic b. Behavioral Supports c. Groups
6. Foster Care Training
Dads Matter Too Community Field Day
Female Empowerment Conference
My People Thanks
• To become a community fixture.
• To develop programs that provide individuals and families with quality support and therapeutic solutions that increases independence, pro-social choices and positive outcomes.
• To create a formula for success that helps young adults transition into adulthood.
• To continue to grow our community initiatives and make them financially self- sufficient.